Monday, October 2, 2017

Tucker Carlson Says Wealthy Black People Don’t Understand Oppression

During one of his more ridiculous segments this past week, Fox News host Tucker Carlson spoke with Scott Bolden, a black lawyer who happens to be well off financially.

In the heated exchange between the two, Carlson repeatedly tried to claim that Bolden’s wealth is an indicator that (1) black people are not oppressed, and (2) that he’s never experienced real oppression because he has money.

Carlson grossly misstates the actual problem, and shows that he has no clue how oppression works, as Ring of Fire’s Farron Cousins explains.



https://www.alternet.org/media/watch-tucker-carlson-flip-his-lid-when-hes-told-he-doesnt-understand-what-its-be-black

SCOTT BOLDEN: I've been brutalized by the police. I've been offended by the police.

TUCKER CARLSON (HOST): You're wearing thousand dollar cufflinks, don't give me the victim card.

BOLDEN: Doesn't matter. Race is the tie that binds us, economics may separate us but the police have wrongfully stopped me. They've spread me out in front of my Georgetown home.

CARLSON: I actually believe you but you're diverting from --

BOLDEN: But they haven't to you, they haven't to you. So you can't relate to it.

CARLSON: So I can't relate to it, OK. So because I'm white you're saying I have no voice in this conversation.

BOLDEN: You do.

CARLSON: You are fundamentally unreasonable and the position you are taking is an inherently racist one.

BOLDEN: We fundamentally disagree.

CARLSON: Because you are dismissing the position of someone on the basis of his skin color and that is outside the bounds.

BOLDEN: No, I'm dismissing it because of your experience or lack there of.

CARLSON: You know nothing about my experience.

BOLDEN: Have the police ever brutalized you? Wrongfully stopped you? Spread you on the ground?

CARLSON: Spare me, mister million dollar lawyer, this talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers, stay out. Only political and video game discussion here.