Sunday, August 13, 2017

I DENOUNCE Donald Trump

By NanceGreggs

I denounce a so-called “pResident” who cannot – nay, will notdenounce racists, white supremacists, and Nazis, and call them out for who they are and what they represent.

I denounce any man who sees any equivalence between those promoting hatred and violence and those who are willing to stand against them, their ideology, and their tactics.

I denounce ANY American – regardless of their political affiliation or their political position – who is too spineless to speak out clearly and decisively against those who would divide us as a nation, those who would cast our fellow citizens as unworthy of inclusion as Americans based on their race, religion, or ethnicity.

I denounce a so-called “pResident” who sees today’s events as being the result of ill feeling “on many sides”, when it is only one side that is promoting violence, and advancing the idea that racism is not only acceptable, but something to be embraced.

I denounce a so-called “pResident” who dismisses today’s events as being something that’s “been going on for a long, long time”, as though racism is something we should just learn to live with, rather than unite to eradicate.

I denounce Donald Trump as being a champion of violence, a champion of bigotry, a champion of encouraging division among us.

In addition, I denounce the Republican Party that saw Trump repeatedly incite violence and divisiveness throughout his campaign, and supported him and elected him nonetheless. They knew who he was from the beginning, and their comments today, which amount to Oh, my, we never saw THIS coming, are an insult to every citizen who saw today’s occurrence as an inevitable outcome of putting a self-proclaimed bigot in the Oval Office.

Trump has never been, and never will be, my “president”. And I denounce any and all attempts to portray him as other than what he is: an ignorant, lying bigot desperately clinging to his “base” of knuckle-dragging racists, who have not only been encouraged by his remarks, but ultimately emboldened by them.

I denounce Donald Trump, his racist supporters, and the party that enabled him. There is no place in our country for any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers, stay out. Only political and video game discussion here.