Saturday, May 13, 2017

It's Heartbreaking

By KentuckyWoman

I'm over 70 yrs old. Being a citizen of these United States has been my good fortune and privilege.

We've had our finer moments, and our embarrassments. I've spend my lifetime advocating for "the little guy" and for a government that exists for our collective good. I've had elected representatives that performed well and with honor, and reps who used the office for the sole purpose of enriching themselves and their rich friends. I thought I'd seen it all.

I was wrong. Lady Liberty is still holding her hand high but I don't see how. 30+ years ago we opened the doors to "conservative talk radio" and now we've progressed to open hatred in the streets.

We are a nation that elected a buffoon whose idea of political discourse is in sentences short enough to fit on a bumper sticker. Even if we drum them all out of public view, it will take generations of hard work to simply regain the little bit of ground we gained in my lifetime before everything started falling apart again.

We worked SO hard to turn our local police departments into a group of people who protect and serve rather than turn the fire hoses and attack dogs on citizens exercising their constitutional rights of free assembly. We made so little headway and now we are to a point where the police all over this country feel free to beat up women, shoot unarmed children with no consequence whatsoever.

Donald Trump embodies everything that was ever wrong in America - well with humanity in general. He is all 7 of the deadly sins. The sheer pettiness, greed, sloth, gluttony, wastefulness, frivolousness, disrespect. Just the fact our society gave such a person the limelight at all is an embarrassment. But to exalt him to the highest office in the land is beyond all understanding.

His presidency underscores the fact we, as a group, have had our priorities all wrong for decades. President Obama did his damnedest to try and pull us back to some sort of sanity, but we would have none of it. Pigs at the trough under Whistle ass got put on a diet, and now put a man in office that is literally the rich flipping us all the bird.


I really don't know where I'm going with all this....except to say that I'm heartbroken for America and what she's become.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers, stay out. Only political and video game discussion here.