Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Computer Program That Writes Jokes Makes Them Very Un-PC

By Alan Colmes

“I like my women like I like my gas–natural” is just one example.

A computer designed to tell witty one-liners has been criticised for being sexist and un-PC.

Scientists at the University of Edinburgh created the software to tell one-line jokes using a simple set of rules in which a statement is followed up with an amusing punchline, such as ‘I like my coffee like I like my war…cold’.

However, some of the lines the computer has produced have been criticised for being sexist or in bad taste including ‘I like my men like I like my acorns…buried’ and ‘I like my women like I like my gas…natural.’

…the computer most commonly creates jokes that compare men or women to objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spammers, stay out. Only political and video game discussion here.